The West Irondequoit Foundation’s Cornhole Tournament is back and bigger! Last year’s inaugural event attracted 32 teams. This year’s field has expanded to 48 and the tournament has moved to a bigger venue – under the big tent at Camp Eastman, 1558 Lake Shore Blvd. It starts at 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28 and will be catered by Stick Lips BBQ, owned by Irondequoit High School graduate, Howie Nielsen. The entry fee of $100 for a two-person team includes dinner and one drink per person. Sign up by clicking the link below and submitting the form!
The winning team gets $1,000 and runner-up $200. Diamond Packaging is back as the major sponsor and FULL MEA5URE is our Sticky Lips food sponsor. Sponsorship levels are:
- Board Sponsors ($1,000): Includes one tournament entry fee (with dinner/one drink per person) and a custom-made Cornhole set (boards and bags) emblazoned with a logo of your choice (plus on-site signage during the tournament).
- Gold Sponsors ($200): Includes one tourney entry fee (with dinner/one drink per person), court sponsorship and on-site signage during the event.
- Blue Sponsors ($50): Includes on-site signage during the event.
Please consider playing, sponsoring or donating. It’s money that goes toward education and helping West Irondequoit students. Call 336-3067 for more information or click below to see how to sponsor.
The Foundation, a not-for-profit established in 1987, receives gifts and donations to fund programs. It underwrites teacher-initiated grants for projects, equipment and programs that cannot be supported by the WICSD’s annual budget. This year’s grants were for:
- iPads for elementary teachers to enrich student learning
- A digital system to administer, score and record psychological student assessments traditionally done manually.
- Dake Junior High School’s “Breakfast Club” to foster readiness to learn for select students and create a sense of belonging to their school community.
- Micro:bits (tiny programmable computers) to teach coding skills.