HOW TO DONATE
The WI Foundation welcomes donations at anytime during the year and appreciate all contributions.
Annual Campaign – Each fall the WI Foundation conducts and Annual Campaign for the purpose of raising money for future West Irondequoit School District grant applicants.
West Irondequoit Foundation Cornhole Tournament – In addition to the Annual Campaign, we host an annual Cornhole tournament that provides a complimentary fund raising opportunity in which residents can support the work of the foundation.
Alumni Courtyard Engraved Brick Fundraiser– Less than 200 spots left!! The “Buy-A-Brick” Campaign was established to allow Residents, staff and other interested benefactors to purchase engraved bricks in memory of or in honor of persons, businesses or organizations for the Alumni Courtyard at Irondequoit High School.
The idea for the Alumni Courtyard, which is meant to symbolize the loyalty and commitment of residents in our community and IHS alumni, was introduced in late 1990. The design was implemented by architect John Patterson, IHS class of 1959 and intern Cory Greene, IHS class of 1991. The construction efforts were the tireless work of foundation directors and community residents, under the leadership of Foundation President Bob Sterrett, and in October 1991, the courtyard was dedicated. There are 1,859 bricks.
Order Deadline: APRIL 15, 2020 to ensure courtyard placement by June, 2020.
(Bricks ordered after April 15th will be installed in the courtyard in June, 2020)
Dake School Engraved Slates – As part of the district’s capital improvement project, the 75 year old slate roof of Dake School was replaced, leaving behind approximately 250 pieces of slate. Those pieces are now for sale to community members for $50. The Foundation has had them engraved with the following symbols of Irondequoit: the cupola at Dake School, an eagle, a house, a lighthouse, and pine trees. The words “welcome” or “welcome friends” are etched around the design. Each slate also bears the notation “Dake School roofing slate, 1931” on the back. The engraving was done by Madaket Bay Engraving of Irondequoit.
EMAIL or Call 585-336-3067 to Order